Redeemers Chapel History:
Every move of God begins with an encounter with God. Redeemer’s Church of Christ, also known as Redeemers Chapel, is a product of series of encounters with God on the prayer mountain handed over to God’s chosen servant, Dr. Kwabena (Kobby) Sarpong. This heavenly vision was borne out of genuine encounter while seeking the face of God for clarity regarding the next phase of God’s assignment for his life, after successfully resigning from his last appointment as the resident Pastor of Winners Chapel Maryland from 2011 to 2016. He was asking the Lord to speak to him and open up his glorious destiny at this present crossroad of his life.
In response to his prayer request, between the 18th and 21st October 2016, he honored an invitation from Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne of the Revival Ministries International to attend a conference in Tampa, Florida. On the first night of the conference the heavens opened via a prophecy from Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne:
“THERE ARE TEN THOUSAND SOULS WAITING FOR YOU IN A KEY PLACE THAT THE LORD WILL SHOW YOU. IT IS RIGHT HERE IN AMERICA - IT IS A MOVE THAT WILL SHAKE THAT ENTIRE REGION.” He went further to say, “THE LORD SAID, “I HAVE HEARD YOUR CRY.”
Immediately, the Lord opened Pastor Kobby’s eyes to the anchor scripture for our mandate, Ephesians 5:27: That He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish, as well as to the scriptural reference for the name of the church, Isaiah 44:22: I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.
We know that God hates sin, but loves the sinner, that is why we at Redeemers Chapel will love every member equally irrespective of your nationality or background because we are bound by the same blood – the blood of Jesus. We are not a church which discriminates or rejects sinners. Our mandate is to lead the offending person toward repentance, support him/her in his/her desire to be restored, and accept him/her into full fellowship. We are an ark built by God to accommodate every species of Believers just like Noah gathered all species of animals into the ark. Redeemers Chapel is the Ark of Love.
“…to present a glorious church; a church without spot or wrinkle…” (Ephesians 5:27)
We are a ministry borne on biblical principles to serve in the spirit of excellence with dignity, integrity, and accountability to the congregation and compassion for the community, our city, state, nation and the world at large.
We have a reputation for reaching out to the lost and broken, by ministering and serving them with the utmost level of honor, dignity and respect.
We believe that no soul should perish and that all must come to the saving knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 3:9)
Redeemers Church of Christ, also known as Redeemers Chapel – The Ark of Love – has a mandate to present a glorious church; a church without spot or wrinkle to Christ as enumerated in Ephesians 5:27. We engage the altar of prevailing prayer on behalf of those who need the Lord’s intervention. We believe that if you can pray, your life is not finished, and fervent prevailing prayer will pull down every stronghold of the enemy and wrought deliverance for captives that are held in bondage.
We are a family of people who are in a process – we have imperfect, messy lives, but we are pursuing and experiencing a transforming relationship with Jesus and with each other. Everybody is welcome here, no matter your spiritual background or past, whatever your story, questions, skepticisms, doubts or struggles.
We are all about doing life together as a family. The winning of lost souls and their translation from the bondage of darkness into the Kingdom of God is our priority. We shall be a Christ-centered church, with evidence in our lifestyle, the word of God, and service to God’s Kingdom and mankind.
Jesus never saw the church as a place to go, but as a family of people who love Him and are learning to love others. That is what we believe in. Here at Redeemers Church of Christ you are not a member; you are family.
· Praying regularly
· The application of scripture
· The philosophy of grace
· Service and stewardship in God’s house
· Christian self-image
· And appreciate creativity and innovation
· Commitment to excellence
· Continual learning
· Biblical community (Ark of Love Fellowship)
· Continuous evaluation (Discipleship)
· Women in Ministry
· Praise and Worship.
We focus on growing people by:
· Bringing people to Jesus as MEMBERS in His family
· Building people up to MATURITY
· Training people up for MINISTRY
· Sending people out on MISSION
· Releasing people to MAGNIFY the Lord in the process
· Ministering to the community and feeding the crowd
· Gathering the congregation, challenging the committed, and disciplining the core
· We do not look for failure in God
· We demand the highest form of excellence in ministry
· We do not pamper babies – we encourage maturity considering the Word
· We do not tolerate unbelief
· We pay what ever price it takes to get every assignment at Redeemers Church of Christ
(RCC) done in God’s way with the right attitude
· We uphold the Word of God as our highest authority
· We hold in the highest esteem the leadership of the Holy Spirit
· We uphold and embrace the statement of beliefs of Redeemers Church of Christ
· We recognize and honor the oversight of Pastors Kwabena (Kobby) and
Elizabeth (Pastor Mommy K) Sarpong and the Leadership of Redeemers Church of Christ
· We do not tolerate any form of strife, bitterness, disrespect, gross misconduct or
any of Satan's devices among RCC family
· We uphold the commandment of Love
· We bring down Heaven on earth wherever we are
· We have equal chance before God and we are one
· To prepare adequately to make room for the Holy Spirit to release His reign at all times in every gathering
· To create the atmosphere for healing, deliverance, and miracles at all times
· To hold regular training sessions for leaders and/or volunteers to facilitate excellence in ministry
· To hold regular leadership meetings
· To strengthen and encourage each member on a regular basis through the appropriate medium
· To hold regular family meetings for fellowship and unity of the Spirit
· To organize effective follow-up of new converts/believers
· To teach the Word of God with clarity and accuracy so that lives are effectively transformed
· To use the Ark of Love Fellowship as an effective platform for caring for members and church growth